Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology also known as KIIT is one of the well-known institutes in the educational landscape of India. KIIT University conducts its own entrance examination in order to select candidates to be admitted in various courses offered at its campus. KIIT University offers wide range of courses in Engineering & Architecture, Computers, Business, Medical, Fashion/ Textile and Law and there is a single entrance examination through which candidates can get admission into any of the courses offered.
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology Entrance Examination (KIITEE) is organized every year for admission into the courses offered at the University. One thing that makes the examination stand apart from all other examinations is that the candidates willing to appear in the examinations are not required to pay any application fee.
In this article we will have a quick look at some of the important details related to KIIT University Entrance Exam for Engineering Admissions:
- Specializations Available: The candidates willing to go for engineering in KIITEE can select any of the following specializations offered at the University:
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech & M.Tech – Dual Degree
- Eligibility: The eligibility conditions of the KIITEE engineering programs are:
- Nationality: International students can also appear in KIITEE examination.
- Age: The candidate needs to be born on or after July 1995.
- Educational Qualification: The student should have cleared class 12 examinations in 2014, 15 or should be appearing in class 12 examination in 2016.
- Minimum Percentage: Candidate should have scored minimum 60% marks on class 12 to be eligible for admission through the Entrance Examination.
- Admit Card: All eligible candidates who complete the application formalities within the stipulated time will be issued Admit cards. In case students are not received their admit card, they need to get in touch with KIIT with the following documents:
- Details of the Post Office
- Date of dispatch
- Receipt of postal dispatch
- Photocopy of the Application Form
- One photograph
- Photocopy of 10th Pass-Certificate / Mark sheet
- Exam Pattern: The examination will be computer based and the students appearing in the examination are expected to answer 120 multiple choice questions in 180 minutes. The questions will be multiple choice questions and will be available in English only.
- There will be negative marking and each correct answer will fetch 4 marks while each incorrect answer will result in deduction of 1 mark.
- Sample papers
- Selection process: University will decide the cut-off qualifying mark once the result of the Entrance Exam has been announced. Separate merit list will be prepared for all programs on the basis of participant’s performance in the entrance examination.
- The shortlisted candidates will undergo seat allotment, document verification by the means of counseling.
For details related to KIITEE and other entrance examinations, students can visit www.MotaChashma.com