If you are the proud owner of an Audi it is important to be aware of the specific maintenance demands that this vehicle will require. An Audi is generally a very reliable vehicle that will not need a lot of maintenance, but there are a few things that you will need to pay attention to in order to keep it in good shape. Also, Audis might have specific areas where maintenance is more likely to be needed due to their design.
First of all, like every other car it is important to keep up with regular maintenance. Following a schedule of recommended maintenance is very important to keeping your Audi vehicle running like it is brand new. You can check the Audi website itself for maintenance schedules for all different types of Audis by model years. If you hear, feel or smell something strange about your car you should not just leave it and hope it goes away. This is a sign that something is wrong and the sooner you get it checked out the less damage it will cause to your vehicle.
So what should you be paying attention to if you are an Audi owner? Here are some other important things that Audi owners should know about maintaining their cars.
- Check the oil every time you fill the gas tank, which will help you to avoid damaging the engine due to lack of oil.
- It is important for Audi owners to use the correct oil for their vehicle. Audi provides quality standards of oil that all owners must adhere to, so make sure that you are using oil that meets the specifications.
- It is also important to use the right gasoline that meets the performance standards that Audi has specified. If you use low quality gasoline that will lead to a build-up of deposits on the engine which can cause damage over time.
- Even if you purchase high quality gas you might need to add Audi fuel additive to improve the performance, which is available from Audi dealers and repair shops.
- If your car has a TDI diesel engine that uses AdBlue, make sure that you pay attention to the warning lights that signify that the AdBlue fluid levels are low. It is important to replenish this fluid if it gets too low between maintenance windows.
- Make sure that you check for any debris build up around the wiper blades periodically. This dirt can cause scratches on the wind shield that might not be easy to get rid of.
- If you ever hear a squealing sound when you accelerate this could be the alternator belt which is starting to become worn down. Make sure that you take the vehicle to the mechanic and have the belt replaced.
- If you start to have any problems with your brake disc or pads, then change the brakes as soon as possible and top up the brake oil.
- Try to keep the interior of the vehicle as clean as possible in order to retail its resale value. You can use hatchbag boot covers to line the boot and protect it from any mud, moisture and spills. There are even Audi boot liners that are specially designed to fit your make and model of car.
- It is also important to keep the exterior of the car as clean as possible. Leaving dirt and debris on the vehicle can cause scratches to the paint and can wear it down, so keep your car clean with regular visits to the car wash – or do it yourself to save money!
- A knocking in the engine can be a serious issue and worn out bearings are usually the cause. Make sure that you get it checked out quickly as ignoring it could potentially damage more parts of your vehicle.
- If you feel the steering of your Audi vibrating you will know that the wheels will need rebalancing and realignment.
It is important to take good care of your Audi so that it stays in great condition and it has an improved future resale value. Keep these tips in mind so that you can ensure that your Audi has the best possible treatment and is kept in top notch condition.