T1 Internet Services and Its Benefits
Taking a decision to which internet service is going to be the best for your business seems to be a tricky task. Understanding your need and requirement is the first step towards choosing the right internet service provider. Cable Internet and T1 are the most used services these days.
Both of the ways are used for delivering a good internet supply, but the technologies used by each of them makes them different from each other. Before choosing one amongst the two, it is important to have an understanding of the advantages, disadvantages that make it the one to choose.
T1 lines are the circuits that operate on fiber optic or copper cable. A T1 cable is equipped with 24 cables that are plugged into the router. Each channel can deliver a speed of 64kbs. This explains that a T1 cable can deliver a speed of 1.5 Mbps both upload and download. A T3 cable is even faster than T1 capable of delivering a speed of 43 megabits per second.
There are a lot of benefits of using a T1 cable over other conventional systems, some of them are:
- T1 services provide a reliable internet connection. It has a stable source of bandwidth. A T1 is very often taken with the SLA also known as the service level agreement. The major fact of SLA is that it assures good performance. Since T1 works on a closed circuit system, there is no point of competing with the bandwidth of the other internet services like a cable service may do. You have complete access to the high-speed internet which takes your business to a new level.
- Another benefit is its availability. This service is easily available in the market, which means no wastage of time in looking for a service provider that may match your requirements.
- T1 service is flexible as it offers 24 different channels for voice and data.
- The speed with which T1 operates is the one feature that it is so extensively used. It has fast uploading speeds, which seems to be a good help if you have a business that deals with the uploading large amount of data on a regular basis. Because, T1 is symmetrical, the uploading speed is same as the downloading speed.
- It can be used in multiple computers that make it more preferable than other services.
One thing you should know before choosing any other internet service is that a T1 line is capable of carrying 50 times the data carried by a conventional modem. Nothing disrupts the service of T1. If a T1 cable is down, it won’t affect the performance of other T1 cables as the circuit of only the non-working cable is turned off. If you have a business that depends too much on the internet and its connectivity, T1 is a good choice.