Know How Laser Hair Removal Can Permanently Remove The Unwanted Hair
Many people do not feel like shaving or waxing to get rid of the unwanted hair. Laser hair removal is a treatment that can be considered for the same. The laser is one of the most common procedure done in Miami to remove the excess hair. The process includes placing a highly concentrated beam of light into the follicles of hair. The follicle pigment absorbs this light and destroys the hair permanently.
Advantages of Laser Hair Removal:
The laser can be used to remove the hair from underarms, arms, leg or face. Certain benefits of the laser treatment includes:
- Speed: The Laser pulse just needs a fraction of seconds to destroy many hairs at the same time. It can cure approximately quarter of an area in a second. Large areas like leg and arms may take an hour to destroy completely the hair, whereas upper lips can be treated for some minutes.
- Predictable: It takes three to five sessions to get completely rid off the unwanted hair. The duration is predictable, and one can be assured of the results after the sessions are complete.
- Precision: The best advantage of a laser is, that it can target the hardest and the darkest hair and at the same time does not damage the skin surrounding the hair.
How to Prepare yourself for Laser Surgery:
Laser removal is not just zapping the unwanted hair of your body; it involves a medical procedure that needs the training to perform it and may even have risks associated with it. Check the credentials of the doctor you are going to get the surgery done. Do not go for waxing or plucking the hair six weeks before the laser treatment. The reason for this is that the laser targets the roots of the hair, which the waxing removes temporarily. Avoid exposure to the skin at least seven weeks before the treatment. Exposing your skin to the sun increases the complications during and after the treatment.
- A day or two after the surgery the area that was treated may look like it is sunburnt. You may see reddish spots on the treated areas. Moisturizers may help if applied in the right way. If you got the hair removed from the skin, you could apply makeup only if there are no blisters on your skin. The next month the hair may fall, and you can use a sunscreen to avoid any changes in the skin color of the treated areas.
- People with dark complexions may get blisters.
- Change in the color tone
Costs of the Surgery:
- The average cost of the hair removal is approximate $235 for every session. The cost may vary on the factors that include:
- Area and the size being treated.
- Number of sessions required
- Country where you are having the treatment
What to expect from Hair Removal Treatments:
Before the treatment, the hair will be trimmed a few millimeters above the surface of the skin. The laser is adjusted according to the skin tone color and area of the hair treatment. It is important to protect your eye while getting a laser treatment done. Protect your skin from the removal by applying cold gel or cooling agents on your skin. This helps the laser to penetrate deeper and remove the hair from the roots.