The Needles That Cure: Acupuncture Treatment
There is a noticeable shift in the way ailments are treated in present times, from the medicinal to conventional method of treatments. One such treatment is Acupuncture. Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese method of treating body illness. Experts believe that acupuncture can effectively relieve the body from diseases like arthritis, severe pain, obesity, insomnia and nausea.
- There is no two way that the technique of acupuncture is highly effective, which is reflected by its popularity as one the most efficient alternative to medicines. The treatment is performed by trained experts, needles of small size are penetrated into the skin at definite points on the body.
- These needles trigger the nerve terminals that can cure a number of health conditions.
- Originally the technique was developed to counter the stalling of the body parts or irregularity in their functions and as defence against microbes.
- It also proved helpful in containing and converting the bodily fluids of the body into a usable form of energy or material. Some of these actions have been retained in the modern day technique of acupuncture.
- Researchers are constantly making efforts to take the benefits of acupuncture to a new level by working on the channels to treat asthma, bowels movement, schizophrenia, drug addiction, and tennis elbow injury.
- Results of these researchers have not been as fruitful as expected. However, the process is still in continuation.
- Acupuncture has been proven to be an effective remedy for healing the back pain that might be a product of the stress from physical activity, unhealthy sleeping habits, pregnancy and other resources.
- Knee pain and osteoporosis is also one of the most common ailments in which acupuncture can work wonders.
- Patients suffering from migraines and frequent headaches have seen some significant reductions in the severity of the pain after being treated by acupuncture.
- Patients have also reported decreased frequency of the pain. The procedures involve insertion of needles in the skin around the face like forehead and neck, which has been a debatable topic for the clinical experts in terms of effectiveness.
- However, practical results have shown more positive results for the patients that are treated with acupuncture in comparison to the patients who took the medicinal way of healing. Similar outcomes and theories for neck pains have been produced to signify the effectiveness of this traditional technique
- Cancer treatment involves the use chemotherapy, which is undeniably highly effective and has delivered positive results. However, there are a number of potential threats associated with it like hair loss, vomiting, nausea and allergic reactions to name a few.
- A study in 2011 revealed that the patients who received acupuncture before their chemotherapy experienced diminishing feeling of nausea and vomiting.
- Acupuncture has been a progressive technique to counter effects of illness related to the mental health. Some of the common examples are insomnia and anxiety.
- These two are the ultimate products of stress and unhealthy lifestyle that may lead to some serious health issues. Medicinal drugs prescribed by the doctors may be very effective in providing relief from these conditions, but they may be more harmful than useful.
- Acupuncture can be an effective alternative to digestive tablets. Experts suggest that acupuncture can be beneficial in treating indigestion or heartburn, that may result from acid production during the process of digestion.
Other than a slight itch or pain on the sites of insertion, there are no side effects from acupuncture, given that you are being treated by an authentic practitioner of the practice.