Health Benefits Of Pizza
What comes to your mind when the word “Pizza” comes to you. It will make your mouth water, and suddenly a craving comes up. Pizza is now a universal food that is enjoyed by everyone but is somehow very popular amongst the youth. Along with the taste, pizza can be highly nutritious. It can meet most of our daily nutritional requirements and can be tasty at the same time. You must be getting excited to know, how can taste and nutrition come in the same package? Here are some of the health benefits associated with pizza’s that we are sure not many of us would be aware of.
- Pizza’s contain Gluten: The first question to ask is, what is Gluten? Gluten is a form of protein that is mostly present in rye, barley, and other grains. Gluten contains an amount of protein content that is recommended for the daily intake of a human. Despite rich in protein, it is low in fat.
- High protein content: An approximate intake of 46 to 56 grams of protein is essential for the body. We all know the major ingredient of pizza is cheese and cheese is the ultimate source of protein. It contains all the forms of amino acids. Protein contributes to auto repair of the body, it is the best source to give energy and helps to build muscles.
- High fiber content: Many people fall short of the daily intake of fiber content. Your digestive system gets affected if the right amount of fiber content is not given to the body. Inefficient working of the digestive system, make you prone to constipation and hemorrhoids. Another advantage of the right amount of fiber content is that it lowers the cholesterol content that directly reduces the risks of heart diseases and even lower the chances of you suffering from cancer.
- The high content of Lycopene: The sauce is the heart of any pizza and the main ingredient of sauce are the tomatoes. Tomatoes have antioxidants like lycopene. Studies suggest that eating pizza at least once a week reduces the risk of mouth, lung and stomach cancer.
Other than pizza’s having rich content of proteins and antioxidants there are the toppings that have many health benefits. The major vegetable that form the toppings are onions, black olives, and pepper. They are helpful in many ways:
- Onions are the immediate cure for people suffering from cold, cough or fever.
- It helps in curing sleeping disorders.
- They improve the digestive system as it accelerates the release of digestive juices.
- Due to the antimicrobial, antibiotic and carminative properties, onions help you to stay away from bacterial infections.
- Regular consumption of onions reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
- It helps in treating diabetes as it increases the insulin content in the body that controls the sugar levels in the blood.
- Black Olives:
- Olives help in losing weight.
- Olives have monounsaturated fats that maintains and regulates weight.
- Olives have antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the risk of cancer.
- They increase the blood levels.
- Due to being rich in fatty acids, Olives hydrate, nourish and protect skin.
Now it’s hard to believe that something so delicious can also be healthy. Ever since childhood we were instilled by our parents that things that are good for our health will not be tasty. It goes everything against this saying. Fortunately, pizza can be a very good delicacy that meets up our nutritional needs. So, next time if you have the craving of having pizza, you can just go for it without any guilt.
Italian Restaurant Fort Lauderdale : Pizza Pompano Beach